You like Windows XP and you’re accustomed to it, but now Windows XP is two
generations behind the latest Windows technology. Despite love for Windows XP,
remaining with this operating system will be a hassle, costly, and a risk for you and
your organization. Read the top 10 reasons below, why you should upgrade to
Windows 7 or higher.
1. April 8, 2014 Microsoft support will end for Windows XP
2. After this date, your IT provider will most likely not support XP either
3. No more new patches will be released to fix functional or security issues
4. Driver releases for new hardware will become non-existent for Windows XP
5. You will encounter hardware compatibility issues
6. You will see an increase in downtime, malware, and other maintenance issues
7. Security Exposure: Hackers and malware writers will take advantage and “prey” on those that remain on XP
8. All programs are now being written for Windows 7 or higher so many applications will not run on Windows XP
9. Costs can soar with older PCs and older operating systems. Annual approximate cost per PC per year for Windows XP is $870. That is much higher than the installation cost of Windows 7
10. Some industry-specific requirements mandate some organizations keep patches current and fixed meaning several organization will be non-compliant
If your organization has questions about upgrading to Windows 7 or higher, we are available to help your organization understand what that looks like, provide the software and the cost associated.
Some older hardware wont take Windows 7. Netwise Resources offers Hardware as a Service for organizations that may need to do a refresh of computer equipment on a tight budget. Ask us about our HAAS services!
A Little About Netwise Resources
Netwise Resources is an Indianapolis/Central Indiana IT Provider.
Netwise has been in the business of providing IT Solution to Indiana businesses since 2000.
Netwise has 32 Indiana employees in Indiana.
Netwise has over 20 engineers with technical certifications in Microsoft, HP, Dell, Cisco, VMware, and Linux.
Netwise Resources provides flat rate IT services for clients like you that are looking for quality high touch services on a budget.
Netwise Resources has a 24X7 service desk that is always here to help you.
Netwise is just like having your own IT department down the hall, only BETTER!